Translate

Wednesday 17 February 2016

Pardon Me Boys - 1987 - Pardon Me Boys @320


Beat Me Daddy/Shoo Shoo Baby/I I I I I (I Like You Very Much)/Hot Voodoo-Monkey Doodle Doo/Embracable You/Lounging At The Waldorf/Rythm Is Our Business/Double Trouble/Perfidia/Choo Choo Ch-Boogie



In 1985 Ignatius Jones formerly of Jimmy and the Boys formed the band Pardon Me Boys, an affectionate and slightly irreverent salute to the hits of the 30s and 40s, with the smallest hint of speakeasy sleaze, the big band swing of Glenn Miller and the heavenly harmonies of the Andrew Sisters. It grew from a 3 piece vocal group into the incredibly popular 13 piece dance band extravaganza. MonicaTrapaga was a member of the band, we all know her from her time as the presenter on Playschool and her own band Monica and The Moochers the other mainstay is William O'Riordan or as you may remember him Joylene Hairmouth also from Jimmy and the Boys.

2 comments:

  1. Apologies Steve for taking so long I had in fact forgotten all about your request.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And of course, Monica is also Ignatius' sister.

    ReplyDelete